Tuesday 3 July 2012

Awesome Service


Shame on me for thinking good service didn’t exist in my environs. Now check this, I went to get myself electricity units at the sales point. I gave the money and card to the sales girl. She slot my card in the machine, then looked up and said to me; “why don’t you wait and buy the units tomorrow”. Say what? 

I am buying credit and she was refusing to sell? Her reason was that I was about to purchase electricity credits twice in the same month which meant I would receive 100 units less than my usual take for the same amount of money. I mean, last time I bought electricity units was June 2 and here I was meaning to buy some more on June 29 simply because I knew in a matter of days I would run out of credit. Rather than thank me for my patronage and probably urge me to buy more with a rebate, the “system” was about to sell me 170units of electricity instead of about 271 units at the same cost! That’s stealing, plain and simple. 

“That’s how the system works”, she said, “I hope you have enough units for the day. Just come back tomorrow by 2pm”. And she gave me back my money and card. Well, well, well, I couldn’t believe she was being so nice. I don’t know what moved her to this commendable act but I am certainly not complaining and I am not going to spoil the experience with the reminder that the “system” is ... no, I won’t. Thankfully I had enough credit to run on so a day’s wait was nothing compared to losing 100 units of electricity. In fact I still have not bought any yet.

Is that awesome service or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

(UN)TAMED

Daddy thought She's just a chirpy little girl; She should be left alone. Mother thought She’s daddy's little girl; Better let her be...