Monday 15 July 2013

Cover Girl



Her physical features are artistically accurate. Her skin is flawless, her teeth white, her nails manicured. She wears a daring and unflinching gaze. She will not budge in the storm nor will she squint at the scorching sun. Her posture and composure are intact at all times. Sexy and demure all at once. She exudes confidence, beauty, strength, accomplishment, courage. In her silence no gap is created. Cover Girl is the very epitome of perfection.

I long to be Cover Girl but I know that is only a dream. See, Cover Girl knows no seasons but I do. My seasons are many; seasons of laughter, grief, weakness, struggle, even madness and a few others. They come when the winds change direction. Cover Girl never changes but I am almost assuredly unpredictable. I am strong most of the time but sometimes I cannot be strong; sometimes I just don’t want to be strong. Sometimes I feel that spasm of pain; it makes me cry. When I smile it’s because I am truly content not because the camera is clicking.  

I will never be Cover Girl. I really don’t want to be Cover Girl. The very thought of being perfect is frightening. Yet still I can't help admiring her. 

Courtesy vibesmachine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

(UN)TAMED

Daddy thought She's just a chirpy little girl; She should be left alone. Mother thought She’s daddy's little girl; Better let her be...