Sunday 13 May 2012

Celebrating The Other Woman

Yey...its Mothers’ Day and motherhood is being celebrated all over. The priest in my church blessed all mothers for their care and support and sweat at home and doused us all with holy water. And all the women had a little feast after. I got my fair share of “I love you mom”, “thank you mom” and other nice stuff.

There’s every reason to celebrate mothers. We are indebted to them for providing the incubators (even if some abandon us soon after we are well cooked) and nurturing us (that is those who do not leave us to granny, dad, an orphanage or in the toilet). Being a mother myself I have deep respect for motherhood and I salute all practicing mothers including men who have taken up the task, for their role and contribution to society.

But right now, what I want to celebrate are the other things about the woman in my world aside motherhood; those ones others tend to find unnerving. Yep, who else but a nut-head would do that?

So I am celebrating the “too known woman”;
She has things to say and she says them. What she has to say is significant and intelligent so she gives others the jitters when she’s around. Others think she makes their ignorance too obvious. Too bad she has a head.

I celebrate the woman who “talks too much”;
She is not afraid to show her ignorance for that is how she learns. She searches for answers and analyses situations. She is a challenge to the status quo.

I celebrate the “too confident woman”;
She is comfortable and secure so she feels no anxieties about being herself no matter where she is or in what company she is. She comes with no surprises. Others feel she is out of the ordinary; I think she is and it works for me. 

I celebrate the woman who is “too independent”;
She knows what she’s got and works with it. She is not dependent even when she asks for help. She is the one who gets things done one way or another with or without help if it’s important.

I am celebrating the woman who is “too difficult”;
She walks the straight and narrow path and will not relent. She makes the weak uncomfortable because she insists on what is right and is unfazed by the challenge.

I also celebrate the “domineering woman”;
She takes charge when it is necessary and pushes the hesitant and uncertain into action. She is in control not necessarily controlling.  

Now I celebrate the woman who is “too emotional”;
She simply shows her true feelings and let’s out her true thoughts because she is ready to deal with them.

So here’s to the awesome woman in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(UN)TAMED

Daddy thought She's just a chirpy little girl; She should be left alone. Mother thought She’s daddy's little girl; Better let her be...